Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So much has happened.....

Well, let me start with the most important thing. Mike's father was at our house Thursday helping us move a tractor. He and I had been laughing and joking around nothing unusual. I went into the house to feed the babies and I hear Mike hollaring.I think nothing of it because the tractor was running and he is hard of hearing anyway. I hear him shout again and I go out there and Carrol is on the ground with Mike holding his head. Mike had seen him collapse and called for me. I did a quick assessment and called 911 for an ambulance.I then went back out , he was in and out of it and then stopped breathing and he had no heart beat at all. I began CPR, after a round he began to breath on his own and he had a pulse. I called for his brother to come also. The first responders came and I told them that he needed O2 immediately and when they got thier bottle it was empty..:( so one of them had to run to the fire station I guess.Mike's brothers came and we moved him into the house, he started to "fade" a few more times but I told them to keep him talking we waited at least 30 min. for an abulance. His grandson,an EMT was on the ambulance....they got him to Salem where Dr Bozeman did a quick assessment and called the medivac air...they flew him to Mountain Home where he had emergency surgery for a ruptured abdominal anuerism.....he is still critical

Tessa and I are at St Jude's for her exam and I will post more on that tomarrow...
We are still with out power at home but hopefully it will be on soon.2 wks is just to long.....
until next time....

2 comments:

Robin said...

I wanted to wish you a public Happy Birthday. Hope its a great one!

Dana said...

thanks abunch!!!